About Me

Saturday, April 6, 2013

life lessons that are priceless – managing expectations (but never giving up hope)


«Sir: Would your readers care to join me in complaining to the Office of Fair Trading about the iniquitously high price of Rolls Royce cars? I have long fancied a Rolls but cannot afford one.»
Peter M. Bassett, Letters to the Editor, The Spectator, 29 May 1993

You and me both, Peter, you and me both. Specifically, I fancy the Ghost, perhaps less representative of absolute Rollsdom than the fabulous Phantom, but more of a driver’s car (as opposed to one to be driven in) – not sporting by any means  (if I wanted sporting, I’d go for “one of those red Italian things” – a 330 GTC, since you ask), but quick (nought-to-62mph in less than 5 seconds), with good handling and a comfortable ride. Just the sort of gentleman’s carriage to go a-gipsying round Europe in (to paraphrase someone or other).

A Ghost, then, but what colour?



Midnight Blue?

Peacock Blue?

Brooklands Green?

Woodland Green?

Gunmetal?


Decisions, decisions …



No comments: